The Words is the twelfth episode of Season 2 of The Amazing World of Gumball.
- Principal Brown
- Mr. Small
- Banana Joe
- Tina Rex
- Miss Simian
- Blue Dog
- Marvin Finklehimer (Background)
- Molly (Background)
- Tobias' Dad (Background)
- This episode aired in the UK one day before the US.
- Darwin's song "No More Mr Nice Guy!" is sung in the style of a Disney villain's musical number.
- In addition, his song "What He Thinks About Us!" in sung in the style of the High School Musical films.
- The insult battle is a parody of Street Fighter II.
- An interesting note is that during the insult battle, the background music sounds strikingly similar to the theme music of the Street Fighter character Guile. This music can also be heard faintly during the beginning of the episode when Gumball is playing with his handheld videogame.
- A flyer advertising Mr. Robinson's performance at the Elmore Senior Talent Show can be seen in the background in one scene. Its design is nearly identical to the one in The Debt. In the same scene, an advertisement for Richard's former job is seen on the payphone.
- Rocky's t-shirt has a different design in this episode, even though he had the same shirt he did in season 1 in The Phone.
- Gumball's victory chant sounds similar to Chun-Li from Street Fighter and Darwin's is similar to M. Bison.
- Even though the insult battle was fake, when Gumball used his "You're not my brother" move, Darwin ended up in a broken wall at the end of his move.
- When Gumball was checking Tobias' pictures, the background on the computer is similar to Facebook.
- During the sprite segments of the insult battle, the cheering characters in the background have their Season 1 designs.
- Bobert's 'pupil' transitions from its 'regular' look to its 'surprised' look in close ups.
- When Darwin insults Tina Rex, Sussie says "Reptiles" but her mouth does not move.
- Tobias had his season 1 design while he was playing soccer.